- Alexa 3-Month Avg. Ranking in the US - 2,359
- Compete.com's Monthly People Count is: 563,241. This number is up 70.7% Y/Y
- Quantcast.com shows 42% of visitors are Passer-bys, 33% are regulars and 24% are addicts. (Passer-by 1 visit per month, Regulars more than 1 visit per month, Addicts 30 or more visits per month)
- According to Powersellers Unite eCrater.com has over 1.2 million listings.
eCrater is free and uses Google Checkout for payment processing as well as Googlebase for free listings in Google Product Search. Here is a quick comparison of an eCrater storefront with eBay Stores:
- No monthly subscription
- No listing fees
- No FVF fees
- Google Checkout
- Listings Automatically added to Googlebase
- Discounts for Google Adwords when using Google Checkout.
- Customers are yours
- $15.95 per month for a Basic Store (limited visibility in search)
- $0.03 per listing (under $25 ASP) per month
- 12% FVF on each sold listing including NPB (Non-paying bidders)
- Listing manually added to Googlebase.
- Customers are eBay's
To list 100 items in eBay Stores would cost $18.95 per month and if you sold 10 items per month with an ASP (Avg. selling Price) of $25. Your total eBay fees would be: $48.95 (including the $30 in FVF) in addition to the eBay fees you would have PayPal fees (Could be another 4% or $10).
Let's say you spent $0.48 cents per click with Google Adwords your $48.95 would generate 102 clicks to your eCrater store. You would have to convert 10 of those 102 clicks into sales to pay the same amount as eBay -- you would also save the PayPal fees because Google Adwords advertisers get their Google Checkout fees waived.
Other benefits of eCrater over eBay Stores:
- No jumping through eBay hoops.
- No worries that a Neg or a Neutral FB will put you out of business.
- The customers is yours and if they come to your eCrater store again you pay no fees on their purchase.
- You can market to them to your hearts content.
- You still get free traffic from Googlebase and eCrater Site Search. 61% of eCrater traffic comes to the eCrater home page.
One additional consideration: Many sellers are already taking advantage of these benefits at eCrater. In fact several eCrater stores get more than 1% of the traffic that comes to eCrater.
In fact starauctions.ecrater.com gets 3% of the traffic that comes to eCrater.com each month. To out that another way 3% of 600K monthly unique visitors is 18,000 visitors a month visit starauctions.ecrater.com
If you are a current eBay Store seller, I would recommend you take a look at eCrater.com and take the time to do a 3 month test (depending on your budget).
Here is the test I suggest:
- Start the test July 1st, but open your eCrater store now.
- Look at your eBay bill for last month and see if you can afford to pay that exact same amount with Google Adwords for 3 months.
- List the same number of items in your eCrater Store as you currently have in your ebay store.
- Compare your eBay sales and the whole sales experience over the 3 month period with your eCrater sales over the same 3 months. I chose 3 months, because that will give you enough time to dial in your Google Keywords.
If you do try this test, please email me with your results. I believe the results will surprise you.
Just my 12%