Okay, I'm jumping the gun here with this post, because I just signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime on Monday and made my first order Monday evening, so I haven't even received my items yet, but I've had enough exposure to the service to write about it.
Here is my 12%:
- With Amazon Prime and One-Click turned on, shopping on Amazon is a breeze. In fact I would dare say it was fun. No way, eBay ever comes close to this shopping experience.
- When shopping with 3P Merchants, I just selected "Eligible for Prime" offers and whola I narrowed down the search to Amazon and one or two 3P Merchants. That number of offers will increase as more 3P merchants sign-up for FBA.
- I purchased one of my own items and National Treasure 2 with standard 2-day shipping. I was going to choose Next-Day for $3.00, but since I wasn't going to watch the movie until Friday night, why pay the extra $3.00.
- I received notice on Tuesday, that both items have shipped together and will arrive on the 22nd. They were shipped UPS and I have a tracking number.
- I have absolutely no doubt that I will receive these items on Thursday the 22nd, just as the email said. The combination of Amazon's World Class service and UPS assures me everything will be fine. If it had shipped USPS I might have a little concern.
- Now here is the fun part. I bought National Treasure 2 for $22.99 with Free Shipping. My Prime Membership will only be charged if I decide to keep the service after 30 days. I'm going to watch it this weekend and then add it to my FBA shipment on Monday, where I will re-list it on Amazon as Like New for $19.56. I guarantee it will sell within a week of being listed.
- My total rental is $7.73 after I pay Amazon fees and include the difference in sale price. More than I would pay from Netflix or the corner Blockbuster but well worth the experiment.
Now, I am not a real big shopper but I am looking for a laptop and I normally would get that from Dell. Now that I have an Amazon Prime account, I will have to at least check out the laptops on Amazon --maybe it is time to purchase a Mac.
If I choose to buy the laptop from Amazon, I will save $51 with my Prime membership over a purchase from Dell (with 2-Day service) and $82 if I choose next day service. So I can pay for my yearly Prime membership with a single purchase and have the product by Friday. What a country!
I'll let you know what happens.
Update: I received my order from Amazon today just as they said I would. Both of my items shipped together. I paid no S&H and will turn around and resell these items next week.
As a seller, I could not even come close to offering this kind of service (2-day) at no charge. I'll pay for my Annual Prime membership when I purchase my new laptop this weekend (still haven't made the decision on Mac or Toshiba)