I'll just add my 12%.
The message I am hearing coming from eBay is certainly different from years past. Here are some quotes from Lorrie's keynote address:
- "Today, everyone at eBay recognizes that we have to fight hard each and every day to win your business because you – along with our buyers – are our customers."
- "I’d like to make clear that to excite and engage our buyers, we also need to improve your experience – the seller experience and make eBay the best way for all sellers – small and large -- to reach buyers."
- "But we know, that to continue winning your business, we have to make eBay a more attractive place for you to do business."
They are saying the right things, but will the actions meet the message. Look for some of the following initiatives to happen this year.
- "Over the coming months we’ll be making more price changes that will improve the economics of selling on eBay. Expect to see more success-based pricing, category specific pricing and financial rewards for those sellers who are creating great buyer experiences."
- "Sellers with strong DSR scores are going to fare very, very well on eBay. You will get better pricing, better visibility and an unmatched opportunity to reach customers and turn
inventory to cash."
We will soon see if the action actually measures up to the talk.