Obvious Reasons to Stay:
- There is no other viable Auction marketplace.
- You can't beat the traffic.
- I can't get into Amazon.
- It is a great liquidation channel.
- It is just one marketing channel in my business plan.
Other reasons for staying:
- I just figured out how to list on eBay and the other sites confuse me.
- I don't have a clue how to advertise through Google or Yahoo.
- I'm afraid to try something new.
- I'm comfortable selling here and I have plenty of margin.
- I'm a hobbyist and only sell occasionally.
- I sell items to get money in my PayPal account so I can buy items on eBay without having to dip into my wallet.
This question is not meant to disparage eBay, I'm just trying to get a gauge on why sellers stay. So please use the comments section to tell me why you stay, or why you think others stay.
Update: This is an opportunity for Suzanne, Cliff, Gary and others to share why eBay is right for them.