John Donahoe is speaking (eBay's Best Days are Ahead)
- Continue expanding Trust and Safety initiative including user protection which may mean that PayPal will make it easier for buyers to get protection on their orders. (more details to followin the coming weeks)
- Looks like fee announcements won't happen during this earnings call.
- The great re-balancing of 2006 from Store to CORE has now morphed into the great re-balancing of 2008 from Auction to Fixed Price. (No mention of store)
Bob Swan is now speaking on Q4 numbers. Everyone expected good numbers for Q4. I'm most concerned of the future. As soon as they start talking about 2008 I'll be back.
- Bob's talking about pricing right now and says they will announce changes in the next couple of weeks.
- They will make Gallery more attractive but no details.
- It looks like the details will have to wait until the 29th when eBay holds the eCommerce event for Top Sellers.